The best way to Jailbreak a PS3
Preparing to Jailbreak
1. Download the jailbreak file. Go to the jailbreak file hosting web-site on a pc, click the red Download button, and click Let if your browser asks to store files on your pc. When the transfer finishes, the jailbreak ZIP folder will download onto your computer.
The jailbreak file can take a although to download, so you ought to start off the download procedure before moving on to other preparations.
2. Format a USB flash drive to FAT32. Do so by selecting "FAT32" inside the "Format" drop-down menu throughout the formatting approach. This will ensure that the flash drive might be used to update your PS3 later, although formatting your flash drive may also delete any files currently on it.
The flash drive has to be at the least 8 gigabytes in size.
Leave your flash drive plugged into your laptop right after formatting it.
3. Ascertain your PS3's model number. Look around the back or the bottom with the PS3 for a serial code which starts with "CECH" and has several numbers (or possibly a letter and a few numbers) right after it.
4. Examine your PS3's model number to supported models. Models of PS3 which may be jailbroken contain the following:
Fat - All PS3 Fat models are supported.
Slim - If the first two numbers right after "CECH" are "20", "21", or "25", and in case your PS3 is below version 3.56, your console is supported.
Super Slim - No versions of your Super Slim model of PS3 is often jailbroken.
5. Figure out irrespective of whether your PS3 is NAND or NOR. Depending on your PS3's model number, it is possible to figure out the kind of PS3 you may have, which will ascertain the kind of custom firmware (CFW) you use later:
Fat - In the event the first letter soon after "CECH" is "A", "B", "C", "E", or "G", the console is NAND; for all other letters, the console is NOR.
Slim - All supported Slim models are NOR.